According to SIVA REA:
“Many of us have only experienced surrendering to a higher source [Ishvara Pranidhana] as a last resort, when we’ve confronted seemingly insurmountable problems or in some other way hit the edge of our individual will and abilities.
But in the Yoga Sutras, Patanjali transforms “surrender” from this sort of last-resort, emergency response into an essential ongoing practice.
Patanjali repeatedly highlights Ishvara pranidhana as one of the five niyamas, or inner practices, of the ashta-anga (eight-limbed) path and, along with discipline (tapas) and self-study (svadhyaya), as part of kriya yoga, the threefold yoga of action.”
- divine awareness eliminates desire;
- self-control eliminates fear;
- self-awareness eliminates sorrow.
GOD GRANT ME THE:
- SERENITY to accept the things I can not change;
- COURAGE to change the things I can; and
- WISDOM to know the difference.
Tap into the power within. Meditate.
$15 – scheduled group “meditation prep” classes
- Skype lessons
- private lessons
Proud sponsor of Yoga Instructors Association (MA)